|Salary Range:||Competitive Compensation|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits Package |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Magnolia River is currently accepting applications for a Utility Inspector for natural gas pipeline construction projects for the state of Iowa.|
|Duties:||The Inspector is responsible for:|
1. Evaluation of the job before it starts & evaluate construction route and traffic flow.
2. Obtain and review appropriate maps to be sure of flow.
3. Walk door to door & meet with all residential customers & address any concerns they have before starting construction, make note of any concrete or paving damage prior to starting & point it out to customer to avoid problems later.
4. Check material list on all prints & be sure everything you need is in stock.
5. Meet with contractor to review job and discuss any concerns they may have. Obtain crew list and confirm that they are Operator Qualified.
6. Map progress of job daily.
7. Make field decisions on line placement when unknown conflicts come up.
8. Confirm if tie-in point is ok; (example) line you are tapping is thick enough to weld on or is it in fact steel or cast iron.
9. Understand Best Management Practices & ADEM specs; (example) proper placement of silt fencing, hay socks, and etc.
10. Understand all welding & fusion procedures.
11. Understand meter sizing & gas flow rates for different size service lines.
12. Perform U.T. test and L.P.T. test on all welded tie-ins
13. Be able to determine if service needs to be installed; (example) is house habitable, has gas service been off for two or three years?
14. Coordinate tie-ins with construction department Coordinate service re-builds with service department.
15. Understand meter placement for relocates & move outs.
16. Keep daily report of all activities on job.
17. Coordinate landscaping issues.
18. Audit contractor paving bills & paysheets.
19. Complete all paperwork that goes with job. (example) OQ list, completion report, as –built install and retirement drawings, material list, anode cards, pressure test chart(s), LPT form(s), UT form(s), service data, service field orders and etc.
20. Coordinate Construction Activities with Local State and Government Agencies
21. Meet with area businesses and school officials to determine how our construction will disrupt them and to minimize that disruption;ie school bus route sidewalk traffic.
22. Meet with city inspectors before construction starts to address any concerns they may have. Start and stop times for project need to be discussed before job starts.
23. Obtain barricade permit & be able to coordinate with fire & police street closings.
24. Understand city & county paving cut & backfill standards.
25. Coordinate paving & concrete repairs with paving contractor.
|Qualifications:||1. Must be able to read construction prints.|
2. Must have ability to sketch construction drawings and/or to use software for construction diagrams.
3. Required to maintain accurate project records during construction.
4. Must adhere to safety standards and take a proactive role in reducing safety risk.
5. Must have valid driver’s license and able to operate a car or truck.
6. Hands-on construction experience is desired.
7. High School Diploma or GED required.
8. Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in the natural gas industry.
9. Must be mobile to work the entire state of Iowa.
10. This position excludes CWI requirements.
Magnolia River is a client focused, quality driven company that provides a wide array of infrastructure and geospatial solutions. Areas of expertise include pipeline, energy, GIS, surveying & mapping, and software products.
Magnolia River is a certified woman-owned business that has compiled a progressive, winning team that has a passion for people and success! Our core values of Passion and Integrity play a large role in our corporate and personal lives. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical and Dental, Guardian VSP Vision, Guardian Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD.
Magnolia River is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.